Lia's Blog Diaries

Lia's Blog Diaries
This is Me

Monday, September 27, 2010

The Fall Climb



Today I stepped outside…the fall has finally arrived. The cool breeze on my face felt so good and it was a reminder of how much I love the change of seasons. This is my favorite time of the year. It’s when I feel like the year is slowly coming to an end all I can do is take it in. It's time for the leaves to change colors and for me to start changing as well. I sat on my porch today thinking about what this year has brought to my life. Just like the seasons, it started off last fall…and made a full circle. I had so many memories that I’m going to remember for the rest of my life. I can truly say that this year has been an amazing year and while there were good and bad times, it happened for a reason. I realized that this is just another year, another chapter in my life. Just like the seasons, this year will come and go and another winter has will arrive. These memories will slowly fade and new memories will take its place.

Life is just moving and climbing towards a future that is unknown and I hope that I am on the right path. I hope I can take the memories and what I’ve learned and know that it has made me stronger. Last night I spent an evening with an old friend over dinner and wine and remembered how easy things fade and can be forgiven and forgotten over time if you let it. My faith has definitely been shaken, but I haven’t lost it. The beautiful fall weather I love so much reminded me of this. Though we have storms and horrible hot days when we feel like we are suffocating…the sun comes out with a cool breeze again. Just like today…the weather is gorgeous and cool and it feels so good to step outside. I’ve come to realize…things are feeling good and I’m moving forward. It’s not easy, but I hate to say it…”it is what it is” and things will NEVER be the same again. It’s been a tough year but I’m almost to the other side of it. I’m excited to see what this winter brings me…and I’m hoping it’s filled with fun, hope, good times and finally closure, so that I can start the new year fresh and begin this new path to my future.

This weekend I spent time with an old friend and we both realzied...we are too good and we are so young...let the good times begin...and let the past be the past.



I know this is cheesy…but I am not a Miley Cyrus fan at all…but her song the climb….is one I am living.


There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment